Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning

The spring like weather has the wasp out in full force. They have come out of their winter hibernation in droves. Looking over a small patch of flowers there was an equal number of wasp and honey bees.

Prepped half the garden and put in seeds for spring. In the fall the garlic and onions went in and they are already up. I have high hopes for them. The rains came the next day in a nice, slow manner and it lasted all day and then we had a bit more the following day.

I pulled out "stuff" I have stored in the rabbit shed. Last year the wasp built several large nest in the shelving. I don't want a repeat of that. I don't mind the wasp that much as they are really necessary and perform a great service. The stuff needed to pulled out and cleared of hay and dust.

For the rabbits it is time to pull down the tarps, pull out hay & manure, and brush down the fiber clinging to the sides of everything.

No comments: