Thursday, December 18, 2008

The weather is up and down. 79 F one day and 34 F the next. Right now it is wet, cold and icky humid. I have put up the north side tarp on the rabbit shed. Once the weather settles to simply cold I will put up the west side. I want the maximum circulation for them.

We had a few raccoons move in under the deck of the house. I have trapped out 3 and relocated them. I love the wildlife, just not so close to the house.

The ermine doe is building her nest for her litter. When I went out to take of them this morning she had a mouth full of fur so I knew she was ready. As soon as I put in the nest box with hay plus additional hay for her to work with herself she went right to it.


Notice the ear lacing. She doesn't have that in summer as ermines are a temperature sensitive color (non-showable). She also has some smudging on her nose which isn't visible in the pics.

You can also see the wonderful shine on her ears and face.





No comments: